Soil testing is an important part of growing healthy flowers and vegetables. URI Master Gardeners will test the pH of your soil and recommend remedial action if necessary. Consult the list below for soil testing events being held in Rhode Island. Learn how to prepare a soil sample for testing.
If a more comprehensive soil test is necessary, please download the following forms from the University of Massachusetts, and follow the directions within.
- Charleston Farmers Market - last Friday of June, July, and August, 9:30am-1pm
- Cumberland Monastery - 3rd Saturday of the month from April - Spetember. 9am-11am (April 16, May 21, June 18, July 16, August 20, and September 17)
- East Farm (by the Garden) every Saturday in May and June - 10am-12pm
- Roger Williams Botanical Center - Providence - 1st Saturday of the month from March - October (except for July and August) (March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, September 3, and October 1) - 11am-2pm
- Westerly Farmers Market - 3rd Thursday of the month from June - October, 10am-1pm
- Wilcox Park - 2nd Saturday of the month from June - October, 9am-12pm
One Day Events
- Saturday, April 2nd, 9am-12pm, Lowes Warwick, 555 Greenwich Ave, Warwick
- Saturday, April 2nd, 11am-2pm, Bristol Audubon Society, 1401 Hope St, Bristol
- Saturday, April 9th, 10am-2pm, Home Depot Smithfield (instead of North Kingstown), 371 Putnam Pike (Rt 44)
- Saturday, April 16th, 10am-2pm, Home Depot North Kingstown, 1255 Ten Rod Rd, North Kingstown
- Saturday, April 23rd, 10am-1pm, Pezza Farm, 2279 Plainfield Pike, Johnston
- Sunday, April 24th, 10am-2pm, Wildwood Nursery, 659 Frenchtown Rd (Rt 402) East Greenwich, 885-4112
See the attached form to request a soil test at an event.