Soil testing is an important part of growing healthy flowers and vegetables. URI Master Gardeners will test the pH of your soil and recommend remedial action if necessary. Consult the list below for soil testing events being held in Rhode Island. Learn how to prepare a soil sample for testing.
If a more comprehensive soil test is necessary, please download the following forms from the University of Massachusetts, and follow the directions within.
- East Farm - Saturdays from May 9 to September 5, 10:00 am to noon - Roger Jadosz
- Cumberland Monastery - Every third Saturday from April through September - 9:00 am to noon - Ken Oles
- Kingston Campus URI Outreach Center, Kingston RI, March through September, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 1:30 pm - Mon., Tues., Wed. Jim Garman, Thurs.
- Paradise Valley Park, Middletown RI - Every Saturday from April 11 to September 26 - 11:00 am to 1:00 pm - Jim Garman, Lucy Huggins
- Prescott Farm, Portsmouth RI - Every Sunday, April through September - 9:00 am to noon - Carol Nagle
- Roger Williams Botanical Center, Providence RI - Every first Saturday of the month from April to September - 11:00 am to 2:00 pm - Charlie Junod, Phil Green, Bill Baddeley
- Wilcox Park, Westerly - Second Saturday of the month from June to Oct. - 9:00 am to noon - Corliss Merkel
One Day Events
- 06/06 - Providence / Hope Street Saturday Farmers Market - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm - Charlie Junod
- 06/11 - Brown University, Providence - 2:15 pm to 3:30 pm
- 06/13 - Scituate Farmers' Mkt., Rte. 116, Scituate, (between 6 and 6a) - 9:00 to noon
- 06/13 - Newport Plant Sale - 35 King Street, off Bellevue Avenue. - 9:00 to Noon